In 1946 the practice moved to Walter Road in the Swansea Uplands.
In 1986 the practice opened its first branch surgery in the old fire station in Martin Street in Morriston which is a Grade 2 listed building.
In 1989 David Roberts became the sole partner in the practice, he was joined a year later by John Jones. In 1995 Ifan Lloyd joined the partnership and the practice name was changed to “St James Veterinary Group”.
In October 2003 the practice opened a new branch based in Lewis Road in Neath.
In 2009, the current partners David Steele, Gareth Field and Geraint Jones joined the partnership. At this time the practice had more than outgrown its main Walter Road branch and the practice purchased Parkway Dental Hospital on Gower Road, Sketty for development into Swansea’s first veterinary hospital!
Our Parkway branch was opened in May 2010 and a short time after received Tier 3 hospital accreditation from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons- official recognition of being one of a few elite practices that offer a veterinary hospital standard in Wales.
In August 2017 David Roberts and Ifan Lloyd retired from the partnership leaving the three current Directors David, Gareth and Geraint. Ifan Lloyd continued to work as a consultant at the practice until retiring in early 2023.