High Quality Compassionate Care
COVID -19 Information!
To all our amazing clients!
We have reviewed our working policies and the services that we are able to offer in line with national guidelines and with the advice from our governing bodies RCVS/ BVA to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
· Clients phoning for appointments will continue to be asked whether they are suffering from symptoms of Covid 19 or whether they have been asked to isolate after contact from Track and Trace. Sadly, we are unable to offer physical appointments to clients currently +ve with symptoms of Covid or that have are isolating due to contract from Track and Trace. Telemedicine appointments will be offered to speak to one of our vets on the phone, or alternative arrangements must be made with a healthy friend or neighbour to visit the practice with your animal on your behalf.
· Clients will still be asked to wait in their cars until the vet or nurse is ready to come out to you. Please let our receptionists know when you have arrived in person or by telephone, you will be given a buzzer by a receptionist which will alarm when we are ready for you!
· Clients approaching the foyer area at our Parkway branch or the reception areas in our other branches must wear a mask.
· Where possible all payments should be contactless or by card.
· Medications being handed to clients must be done in a contactless manner
· Our staff will be wearing a mask, visor, apron and gloves
In addition to these measures, we are reducing the services we offer to be socially responsible and reduce travel to the Practice. However, as there is no definitive end to this period of lockdown, it is important that we continue to provide sufficient services to maintain animal welfare and prevent an unsustainable backlog of essential work for the future.
Primary vaccination policy
1. We will continue to do primary and secondary vaccinations of puppies and kittens.
Booster Vaccination policy
2. We will delay non urgent boosters
The vaccine manufacturers have confirmed that adult cats/dogs should have sufficient immunity for at least 15 months after a vaccination.
· Cats/Dogs - delay adult booster vaccinations (including 1st year vaccination) to weeks preceding 15 months after the last vaccination.
3. We are now taking appointments for routine neutering of cats and dogs.
For younger cats we will try and combine this with their second vaccination (if first vaccination at 12 weeks, second vaccination at 15- 16 weeks) to minimise client travel to the practice.
4. Routine procedures- telemedicine appointments will continue to be offered where appropriate.
Examples of cases that may be suited to telemedicine consultation in the first instance include:
· Ophthalmic cases- blepharospasm/ “red eyes”
· Skin cases
· Ear cases
· Cases where owners are self -isolating and have no means of bringing a patient to the surgery
5. House Visits
We are currently not offering this service. Emergency or urgent house visits may however be performed at the absolute discretion of the attending vet and nurse team and only following a full risk assessment prior to visit. No visits will be made to clients currently isolating due to Covid or that are isolating from Track and Trace.
We will endeavour to review the changes to our services regularly and keep you informed.
Thank you to all our valued and trusted clients for your understanding and support not just in the weeks ahead but since March last year in what has been a challenging and uncertain period of time for everyone.
See our Facebook page for more regular updates.
· Our main hospital is open 24/7
Pease allow 48 hours for repeat prescriptions in case we need to order medication in for you.
· We can post you your medications (especially your flea and worming medications)
· We can arrange delivery of heavier items
Please contact your local branch or phone our main Veterinary Hospital on 01792 205000. We are still here to help or give advice!
66 Martin Street, SA6 7BJ
Tel: 01792 799711
Fax: 01792 700511
253 Gower Road, SA2 9JL
Tel: 01792 205000
Fax: 01792 204081
Walter Road Surgery
68 Walter Road, SA1 4PT
Tel: 01792 643906
Fax: 01792 455050
35a Lewis Road, SA11 1DJ
Tel: 01639 638638
Fax: 01639 644566
Out of hours emergencies: call 01792 200900
We are proud to be one of the only veterinary practices left in Swansea that still runs its own 24 hour emergency service. We do not rely on any other external party or premises for this.
Emergencies out of normal working hours are seen at our Parkway branch. If you have a genuine emergency during working hours (9am-6pm) call your usual branch number. For all other emergencies outside of these times please call 01792 200900. Please have your surname, your pet’s name, and the branch at which your animal is registered available before phoning.